
"This is a serious violation of the mechanisms for receiving aid, and that Hamas continues to try to exploit the aid mechanism for terrorist activity and incitement," COGAT warned in a letter.
Motor oil was found inside humanitarian aid in a smuggling attempt uncovered in the Keren Shalom crossing, the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) announced on Wednesday.
The motor oil was found inside humanitarian aid transported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), with COGAT's chief, Major-General Yoram Halevi, ordering the suspension of all UNDP aid entering Gaza until a full investigation is completed and the organization presents its findings.
"COGAT emphasizes that this is a serious violation of the mechanisms for receiving aid, and that Hamas continues to try to exploit the aid mechanism for terrorist activity and incitement," said a letter sent to the UNDP by Halevi.
"Any such deviation will lead to immediate measures being taken against the organization responsible for the shipment, until the incident is fully investigated," Halevi warned.
IDF warns responsibility for contents of Gaza aid lies with organizations coordinating them
In the same statement, the IDF warned the organizations coordinating aid shipments to Gaza that the responsibility for the contents of the shipments lies with them. "Any case in which aid shipments are used for smuggling purposes will lead to immediate enforcement measures being taken," the military added.
"The IDF, in cooperation with all security agencies, will continue to take zero tolerance towards attempts to exploit the humanitarian aid mechanism, and will take strict measures against any party involved," the statement concluded.
IDF reopens Rafah crossing for pedestrians for first time since begining of Iran war
The announcement comes 10 days after the IDF authorized the opening of the Rafah crossing for pedestrians, which had been closed for the first two weeks of Operation Roaring Lion.
The decision followed a security assessment and a review of the conditions required to resume activity at the crossing while maintaining restrictions due to ongoing threats in the area.
Officials said the crossing would operate under the same mechanism used before its closure, subject to updated security directives. Entry and exit for Gaza residents will be coordinated with Egypt, require prior Israeli security approval, and take place under the supervision of the European Union mission.
LATEST POSTS
- 1
Shelby County deputies charged with assault, placed on leave - 2
Well known SUVs With Low Energy Utilization In 2024 - 3
What really happens when 140 reality stars come face to face with their biggest fans - 4
What we know about Jonathan Ross, the ICE agent who shot and killed Renee Nicole Good in Minneapolis - 5
'Heated Rivalry's Ilya Rozanov is now a queer icon in Russia
Orcas seen hunting great white sharks to eat their livers in drone footage recorded in Mexico
The most effective method to Decisively Use Open Record Rewards
Watch interstellar comet 3I/ATLAS make its closest approach to Earth in free livestream on Dec. 18
Supercharge Your Remote Work Arrangement with These Game-Changing Instruments
Hitting the brakes: Hubble Space Telescope watches doomed comet reverse its spin
US FDA investigates Takeda's blood disorder drug after pediatric death
The most effective method to Engage in Local area Making arrangements for 5G Pinnacle Establishments
Thermo Fisher wins contracts as pharma shifts production to US, CEO says
Doulas play essential roles in reproductive health care – and more states are beginning to recognize it













